Team Zimbabwe UK is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Zimbabwe Diaspora Football Development Strategy (2014), working in collaboration with the Sports and Recreation Commission (SRC) and the Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA)
Objectives of the Strategy
- To identify Zimbabwe’s migrant football talent outside the country and introduce it to Zimbabwe National Team Managers via ZIFA formal channels.
- To develop and prepare the scouted talent for national team duty, eventually leading us as a country qualifying for major international tournaments.
- Establishing a scouting unit responsible for identifying and recruiting talented players in the UK/ Europe can be extended to other parts of the world, resource permitting.
- To develop shadow or national developmental teams abroad that will feed in the main national team at Under 16/17 and Under 21/23
- To identify, develop and employ a dedicated, skilled team of qualified football coaches, administrators and medical staff amongst the Zimbabwe Diaspora Community. The Identified skilled personal could also be invited to support the national team at home following an appointment by ZIFA.
- To support ZIFA to organise National Team Friendly games and camps in Europe. Camping in Europe will enable us to access suitable training facilities and enhance the exposure of our players. Given the easy travel arrangements, it will also give us access to play friendlies with renowned teams who prefer to play in Europe.
- To support Zifa to mobilise resources for the National Teams using the Diaspora Communities, Diaspora businesses and other opportunities of mobilising revenue, e.g., hosting international friendly matches in the UK featuring Zimbabwe.